I am happy I found such a cheap, healthy snack. This recipe is by eye since it does take a bit of practice and personal judgment to create these chips.
1 bunch of (“curly”) kale (10 stalks for me)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your kale thoroughly! Clean between the leaves and near the stalks. You don’t want to have dirty kale chips.
2. Shake kale leaves free of water. Tear off the leaves from the stalk and place in a bowl.
3. Add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the leaves. Try a capful first, mix it up with your hand (or a spoon, hand is better). If the leaves are too oily you will have a greasy limp product.
4. Add sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. A little goes a long way!
5. Mix the leaves up with your hand to cover completely in seasoning. Line a baking sheet or cast iron skill with the leaves, “curly”-side down. Don’t layer them.
6. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the leaves are brown and crispy on edges.
7. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.