Very easy and very delicious. After making this I realized it could be easily doubled as baby food or a casserole if baked and topped with marshmallows or crushed graham crackers.
2 big sweet potatoes
3 (heaping) tbsps of honey
2-3 tbsps of butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil enough water to mostly cover the two sweet potatoes. Wash the potatoes clean of any dirt. Once the water is boiling add the (skin on) potatoes. It takes about 25-30 minutes to get the sweet potatoes soft thoroughly. Stick a knife through the potato and when it comes off clean (all the way through) it is ready.
2. For the last 10 minutes of the sweet potatoes cooking place the bananas (skin on) inside the oven. I placed straight mine on the oven rack and they were fine. When the bananas turn mostly brown carefully take them out.
3. When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain them and run them under cold water. Use a fork to remove the skin and place them in a food processor. Add the peeled bananas thereafter.
4. Add the butter and honey.
5. Mix the food in the processor (or with a potato masher by hand). The longer it stays in the processor the smoother it will become (too long and you will have baby food consistency).
6. Serves as a side item for 3-4 people. This is a delicious remix to the same boring mashed sweet potatoes.