I love that avocado is so versatile. The creamy fruit can be used beyond guacamole and as a salad topping. This is the first time I have ever used it with a cooked food and it was so rich. I really hope you guys try it out for dinner one day!
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup chopped onions
3 tbsp of (herb) butter (reg is fine)
3 red potatoes (baseball size)
1. Boil a pot of water. Clean your potatoes and slice in 1/2 inch thick pieces, leaving the skin on. Once your water starts to boil, add potatoes, 1tbsp of butter, and the onions. Cover and let cook for 15-20 minutes.
2. While your potatoes are cooking cut your avocado lengthwise. Just let your knife follow the seed inside. Toss the seed. Scoop out your avocado being careful to not tear the skin (these can double as serving bowls later) and place into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon to the avocado and start mashing it until mostly smooth.
4. When potatoes and onions are done (fork breaks it apart), drain and add the vegetables into the avocado/lemon mixture. Add the 2 tbsps of butter and continue to mash together until smooth. The potatoes will be green. If that makes you uneasy you’ll have to add more potatoes and lose out on the avocado flavor.
5. Add sea salt and pepper or anything other seasoning to taste.
6. This is optional, but you can use the skin of the avocados as bowls. Just clean them out with a bit of water and add the avocado mashed potatoes.