1 loaf of sourdough bread (any fresh bread is fine, i just like the flavor of sourdough)
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan (not the cheapy kind!)
1. Preheat your oven by placing it on broil. Slice your bread in 1 inch thick slices and line on a baking sheet.
2. Butter each slice of bread on one side. Sprinkle garlic powder over the buttered sides until you can see the garlic (not enough garlic powder will just make for cheesy bread).
3. Cover the slices with the grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Place into oven and keep a close eye on for five minutes (or less). Broil cooks very quickly and you must pay attention or else you’ll end up with burnt bread in a matter of seconds.
5. Serve immediately with pasta or as an appetizer with warm marinara sauce.